Journal of Experimental Linguistics
The International Society of Experimental Linguistics (ExLing Society) proudly announces the launching of its journal, the Journal of Experimental Linguistics, which reflects the ongoing international research and the state-of-the-art of experimental aspects in language studies and related research.
The Journal of Experimental Linguistics is an interdisciplinary journal whose primary objective is to promote linguistic knowledge and the development of innovative experimental and computational methods for the study of human language and communication, constituting the leading publication of the ExLing Society.
The Journal of Experimental Linguistics fosters open access and reproducible research. The journal publishes research articles, tutorial articles, book reviews and letters to the editor. It also publishes special issues on topics that derive from the annual ExLing Conference and its special sessions. Special issues are proposed to the editorial board from ExLing Society members and ExLing Conference participants. The editorial policy and the technical content of the journal are the responsibility of the Editor and the Associate Editors.
The Journal of Experimental Linguistics aims to:
- Combine theoretical thinking with experimental evidence and promote linguistic knowledge with the use of experimental methodologies.
- Broaden interdisciplinary investigations and collaborative research groups.
- Attract both leading international experts and early career researchers to a competitive and challenging publication forum with open scientific horizons.
- Promote new ideas and open innovative research avenues in linguistic research.
- Accelerate the review and publication processes and boost the dissemination of ongoing research.
- Provide an open-access journal and support information exchange and international knowledge for all.
In accordance with the aims of the journal, submissions from individual researchers and research groups are invited on any area of experimental linguistics and its interdisciplinary aspects.